Medal of Honor - Server Details | Maximum of 24 Players across all modes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Link

"This article was authored with the help of the DICE development team.

Medal of Honor is quickly approaching it's release on October 12th and it's time to talk about multiplayer PC servers! Medal of Honor will operate on dedicated servers, and while the executable will not be released publically, servers will be available for rent through the following selected game server providers:

-4NetPlayers
-
Art of War Central
-
Binarics
-
BrainStorm Network
-
Branzone Inc.
-
Clan-Server.at
-
Computer Games Online
-
Diabolic Servers
-Dovermed
-
Eliott Ness
-
Fragnetics
-
ForTeam.ru
-
GameHosting.co.uk
-
Gameservers.com
-
Hosters.at
-
Hypegamez
-
Hypernia
-
i3D
-
iGame
-
InnovaSoft
-
KillerCreation
-
LeetServers
-
Low Ping Game Servers
-
Mammoth
-
MecaHost
-
Multiplay
-
MyInternetServices
-
Newlight Systems
-
Norsk eSport
-
Nuclearfallout
-
On3 Network
-
Primary Target
-
Rackage
-
Telcom SA
-
Web Africa
-XFactorServers

Anyone who rents a server will be able to control it through the game server provider's admin panel along with the game server's remote administration interface. The remote administration interface is a very simple command console, which will be included with the server's documentation. However, with that being said, it would be much easier to use one of the graphical clients that are developed by various independent tool developers.

We have offered the following developers pre-release access to the game client and server, in hope that their tools will be ready in time for the game's launch:

- MOHCC (by the creators ofBC2CC)
-
ProCon
-
Big Brother Bot (B3)
- Other tool developers are welcome to join in as soon as the game has launched.

Now on to ranked and unranked modes. When the server runs in ranked mode, any score and awards that a player collects is reported to the master servers. The server administrator is required to abide by the "Rules of Engagement," so you and everyone else can enjoy an entertaining online experience. In unranked mode, no player progression is reported to the master servers. However, the server administrator has more control and can apply arbitrary game rules. All game modes support a maximum of 24 players."

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Sounds very nice. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

at least it's more than 18. 24 seems like a reasonable number though I thought it was more than 12 players on each side in the larger maps in the beta.

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

This game isn't very good to begin with, so I don't care that the dedicated server files aren't getting released.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
I think thats all fair enough
NanoMan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NanoMan88
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

Medal of Honor is going to suck, pretty much a downgrade of Bad Company 2 in every way. I would want to play the campaign and thats about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5857b4a04988e
deactivated-5857b4a04988e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5857b4a04988e
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
12 v 12 on a PC game is low, imo. I was drawn to PC gaming for the large scale battles, so this is definately going towards the opposite direction.
derian_n_jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 derian_n_jade
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

Well, seems they took notice of BFBC2 and the way EA and D.I.C.E. did it. Which sucks, because that means no custom content, they will make you pay for theirs.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

I guess that's nice. I'm still only interested in it's single player though. I haven't played the multiplayer but I would assume it's a terrible version of BC2's multiplayer. I wish they could sell the single player only for a cheaper cost.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

So let me get this right...EA are also traitors to the PC gaming community because you cant host your own games right?

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

So let me get this right...EA are also traitors to the PC gaming community because you cant host your own games right?

Daytona_178
According to system wars, dedicated servers are a bad thing because they aren't free.
derian_n_jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 derian_n_jade
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

Daytona_178

Nah, they are simply buisness men. They have strayed so far from what us PC gamers got used to over the years, that of course some of us wont appreciate what they are doing.

I dont nessicarly mind not being able to host my own dedicated servers, but I wonder what "custom content" will look like 5 years from now. When its the game company only that can make and release it. If they have no competition, they will do what was done with MW2, sell you maps from previous games and the like. ^_^

Edit: If you want my complete thoughts on this, check my blog...

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#13 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Well at least they don't force you with one exclusive place to host servers unlike some other company *cough*

But as for gameplay, I'll wait and see when it's released to hear what people say.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#14 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Well at least they don't force you with one exclusive place to host servers unlike some other company *cough*

But as for gameplay, I'll wait and see when it's released to hear what people say.